Work for a leading health system in the country. As a multi-billion dollar health system, we are seeking an experienced managed care leader as AVP Managed Care. This person will manage contracting strategy and negotiations for a portfolio of payers across the enterprise of the health system. This person will also lead a team of Directors, Managers, and Analysts. Our ideal candidate has previous experience in a comparable position with a multi-hospital system. Position is located in Charlotte, NC. Other responsibilities include:
· Ensures appropriate negotiation planning is completed and presented
· Develops strategy to support the growth of the System through meeting the critical needs of all System facilities, providers and ancillaries
· Leads, conducts and manages negotiations to ensure appropriate contract rates and language within established deadlines with financial results that meets or exceeds net revenue budgets and net margin targets to support the mission of the System
· Develops contracting strategies to support population health goals of the System and negotiate with payers to achieve such strategies.
· Provides the System with accurate and current managed care market intelligence; maintains a working understanding of local/regional/national trends, conducts competitive market assessments, changes and impact of regulatory environment, changes and impact of payor initiatives and provides other information to support Managed Care and the System initiatives
· Ensure Managed Care Analytics team members accurately and timely completes all required analyzes and contract modeling to support Managed Care strategies and operations
· Oversees the development and delivery of standard contract metrics, reporting frequency, and delivery of Executive Summary report to measure portfolio performance
Education, Experience and Certifications
Masters Degree required (MBA or MHA); will consider Bachelors Degree with experience in a comparable position within a like size or larger organization. Ten (10) years provider experience, as a contract negotiator, or in a financial management or analysis role supporting contract negotiations required; willing to consider 12 years combined provider and/or payor experience as a contract negotiator or in a role in financial management or analysis supporting contract negotiations. Experience with a major payor/major system required; experience with multi-system and/or large physician multi-specialty group preferred. Experience with value based reimbursement methodologies is valued.
Relocation candidates welcome
Interested candidates please respond directly through this portal.