Are you in an executive leadership role with a Hospice or other Health Care organization? Do you have the leadership skills, passion, and experience to lead a very successful non-profit Hospice and Home Health agency that provides comfort and compassion to individuals and families, helping them deal with end of life issues? If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client has been providing services to the Fort Wayne, IN community for over 125 years. In 1998 our client refocused its mission to exclusively provide end of life care. Our client is a private non-profit stand-alone agency with an $11 Million budget, balance sheet of $20 million, and a strong financial position. Our client over the years has expanded its reach geographically and currently provides hospice care and palliative home health care in nine counties in NE Indiana. Hospice care is provided in the home, in an independent/assisted living community, a nursing facility, or in our client's Hospice Home, a beautiful 14 bed facility located in Fort Wayne, IN. Our client also added a Community Grief Center to its campus in June, 2015 to serve grieving adults.
Our client is seeking a CEO. As CEO you will maintain and grow our client's current programs/services while continuing to build financial stability, increase fund raising revenue, strengthen current partnerships and develop new partnerships, and increase community awareness. As CEO you will lead a team of 6 direct reports, 145 employees, including 3 physicians, and 135 volunteers, all who have a strong passion for the agency in a culture that fosters teamwork and mutual respect for all employees. As CEO you will be directly accountable to the Board of Directors through its elected chair.
To provide executive leadership as manifested through sustainability, growth, and community awareness of our client's vision/mission.
Key Accountabilities as CEO include:
- Provide strategic leadership direction for the Agency including the successful execution and modification of the Strategic Plan to keep up with current market trends.
- Collaborate with and educate the Board of Directors on critical issues. Offer leadership and guidance to the Board regarding the impact of anticipated changes in health care delivery and in regulatory reimbursement matters on the strategy and growth opportunities for the Agency.
- Promote a respectful and compassionate culture and a strong team environment to attain strategic goals.
- Has ultimate responsibility for quality of care and maintaining services and an environment that meets regulatory licensing requirements.
- Build, advise, and lead a high performing senior management team in the approved methods, procedures, and practices in effective health care administration.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of a comprehensive fund raising program which includes strategic analysis on possible capital raising, to ensure sustainability of the mission.
- Develop, recommend, and monitor the annual budget and work strategically with the Board in managing the budget.
- Be the face of the Agency to all stakeholders and to the community, which includes taking a very active role in meeting face to face with potential donors.
- Develop strategic community partnerships in an effort to increase referrals with the leading health care institutions.
- Develop cooperative efforts with other agencies to assure the best use of resources within the community and best available level of care for potential recipients of services.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to increase community awareness to maximize the potential of the Grief Center.
- Be a steward of resources in order to ensure continued achievement of the agency's mission and vision.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership experience including executive leadership.
- Experience in hospice preferred. You must have direct experience in health service administration. If you have no experience in hospice, then experience is required in home health care, long term care, or a related health care field. At least a portion of your experience must be in a non- profit setting.
- Excellent leadership skills working in a team environment with the vision to inspire others to greatness.
- Strong strategic planning skills including successfully implementing a strategic plan; results driven.
- Track record of successful fund raising.
- Strong demonstrated passion for hospice, or the health care industry in general.
- Ability to implement change in services, programs, administration, and operations to meet or exceed budget forecast.
- Creativity with the courage to act upon ideas that challenge the status quo.
- Decisive decision making skills.
- Solid personable accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Track record of working effectively with a volunteer board and committees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
For additional information on our client and on Fort Wayne, IN please visit the following: