Progressive Hospital located in Northeast Texas is currently recruiting for a full-time Clinical Pharmacist. The Clinical Pharmacist may have both central and decentralized responsibilities. This position is responsible for order verification, medication dispensation, clinical review and documentation, and any other responsibilities as designated by Pharmacy Director or Manager.
• Texas pharmacy license in good standing or ability to obtain license before start date
• PharmD from an ACPE accredited institution
• IV Certification
• Hospital experience or new graduate with acute care rotations
• PGY1 hospital residency training or 3+ years of clinical pharmacy experience in acute care setting
• PGY2 hospital residency training
• BCPS certification
• Meditech experience
• Work as part of the central pharmacy team to complete order and dispense medications, amond clinical and administrative tasks
• Perform medication order review, verification, and dispensation.
• Execute medication reconciliation, clinical consults and per protocol pharmacy medication management processes.
• As needed participate on interdisciplinary team in a decentralized unit-based model.
• As needed, perform chart reviews, participate in multi-disciplinary rounds, and serve as liaison between pharmacy and other disciplines, including physicians.
• As needed, assist clinical manager and pharmacy director in implementing process improvement.
• Assist with adverse event and medication error monitoring and medication safety measures.
• As needed, assist in guiding and addressing administrative, quality assurance, and quality improvement processes.
• As needed, attend meetings as pharmacy representative.
• Provide in-service training for pharmacy staff and other disciplines to optimize medication management.
• Use time productively and efficiently.
• Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in practices and models.
• Exercise safe judgment in decision making.
• Work collaboratively and communicate effectively within the department and with other disciplines.
• Identify personal learning needs and seek opportunities for continued education.