Progressive Hospital located in Northeast Texas is currently recruiting for a full-time Clinical Pharmacy Specialist. The Pharmacist will manage pharmaceutical care on a dedicated unit. The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist will be stationed on the care unit and responsible for medication management for that unit from order processing to multi-disciplinary rounding and clinical interventions. The hours for this position will be Monday-Friday, Day shift and Clinical coverage every 4th weekend.
• Work as part of the interdisciplinary team in a decentralized unit-based model.
• Perform medication order review, verification, and dispensation.
• Execute medication reconciliation, clinical consults and per protocol pharmacy medication management processes.
• Perform chart reviews, participate in multi-disciplinary rounds, and serve as liaison between pharmacy and other disciplines, including physicians.
• Assist clinical manager and pharmacy director in implementing process improvement.
• Assist with adverse event and medication error monitoring and medication safety measures.
• Assist in critical and emergent care initiatives including codes and working with trauma and stroke committees.
• Provide in-service training for pharmacy staff and other disciplines to optimize medication management.
• Texas pharmacy license in good standing or ability to obtain license before start date
• PharmD from an ACPE accredited institution
• PGY1 hospital residency training or 3+ years of clinical pharmacy experience in acute care setting
• PGY2 hospital residency training preferred
• BCPS certification preferred
• Meditech experience preferred
• IV Certification preferred
• Use time productively and efficiently.
• Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in practices and models.
• Exercise safe judgment in decision making.
• Work collaboratively and communicate effectively within the department and with other disciplines.
• Identify personal learning needs and seek opportunities for continued education.