Highly progressive 360+ bed hospital is currently recruiting for a Clinical Transplant Pharmacist, who will participate and coordinate the day-to-day clinical responsibilities. In this fast paced environment, the scope of care involves all aspects of transplant patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Coordinate programs, projects and activities, including reviews of unusual medication events, drug-utilization reviews, student clerkships, Pharmacy Residents.
* Monitors lab data and cultures and sensitivity reports - Makes appropriate recommendation to physicians.
* Expertise in transplant pharmacology and actively participate in medical management of organ transplant recipients and provide direct patient medication counseling.
* Attend daily rounds with prospective evaluation of individual pharmacotherapy.
* Provide medication reconciliation upon admission and discharge, medication therapy management and discharge counseling.
* Provide pre-, peri-, and post-transplant medication education.
* Provide/perform pharmaceutical calculations and pharmacokinetics.
* Ability to give advice on and monitor the use of drugs in medical emergencies.
* ADR reporting. - All ADRs are reported into ADR program.
* Clinical Interventions / Clinical Pathways / Committee attendance / Medication order entry.
* Preoperative management of hepatic, renal and encephalopathy protocols.
* The pharmacist will play a major in transplant research including HLA studies, immunosuppression strategies, rejection, and artificial liver disease.
* Understands Investigational Drug Protocols and proper control.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Education: Pharm.D. or Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
• Registered Pharmacist - California Board of Pharmacy
• Minimum of 2 years recent acute care hospital clinical pharmacy experience required.
Outstanding Benefits package offered.