Summary: Provides training and support in our residential program including planning and implementing person centered plans. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include: Operation of a computer, phone and office equipment for business, light lifting associated with day to day operations, good communication skills and ability to drive a vehicle.
• Provides training, support, and supervision to the participants in the residential program according to their Individual Service Plan. Ensures that community outings are person centered and are according to participant choice by maintaining a log of requested outings.
• Maintains a high standard of person centered quality programming including the creation of a calendar of activities with the support of the Supervisor of the program based on participant requests.
• Follows organizational procedures and policies.
• Utilizes proper lifting techniques in carrying out job responsibilities.
• Prepares and submits all required paperwork in an organized and timely manner. This may include attendance, services provided, and activity forms for compliance and billing purposes.
• Assists in the development of training support plans that are inclusive of participant’s interests, person centered, and outcomes focused in conjunction with their direct supervisor and the participants they support.
• Assist with crisis assistance for participants as may be necessary. Assist with training of participants to encourage positive social interactions in all environments by modeling appropriate behavior at all times.
• Assist participants with projects as may be necessary to ensure that projects are completed timely and notify direct supervisor of any delays in production areas to ensure seamless programming.
• Assist with processing of any Unusual and Major Unusual Incidents as needed.
• Provide a safe working environment to ensure the health and safety of participants at all times.
• Assist with ensuring compliance and quality assurance with all applicable federal, state, and local rules, regulations, policies and accreditation standards.
• Participates in staff training and meetings.
• Other Duties As Assigned
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities above represent the most significant duties of this position, but does not exclude other occasional work assignments that would be within the qualifications and responsibility levels of the position.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants must possess the required registration from the Ohio Department of DD, be eligible for the required registration having completed all the requirements as specified by DODD at the time of the interview, or be willing to complete the requirements for registration as specified by the DODD within the required time frame.
Education and/or Experience Minimum of high school diploma or GED. Experience working in the field of DD preferred.
Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
General Expectations: The Workshops, Inc. (TWi) promotes a non-hostile and non-discriminating work environment. Employees must adhere to respectful conduct and language at all times. TWi expects all employees to follow policies and procedures of the department as well as agency rules and regulations.