Highly progressive 540+ bed acute care hospital in Southern Texas and rated as one of top cardiac facilities is currently in need of a Pharmacy Director. You will be overseeing all functions within the Pharmacy insuring highest quality of services. Due to the scope of responsibilities, 5 years of current Director level experience is required. The incumbent will enjoy highly competitive salary and benefits package.
1. Develop and/or recommends all short and long range goals for the Pharmacy department. Develops, recommends and implements plans and programs to achieve agreed upon goals.
2. Formulates, implements and ensures adherence to policies and procedures required to operate the department.
3. Develops, secures approval of and administers an annual budget which reflect the personnel, equipment and supply needs of the department.
4. Interviews, hires, trains, evaluates, and when necessary, disciplines and terminates subordinate personnel.
5. Maintains proper standards on the purchasing, storage, preparations and disposing of all pharmaceuticals to ensure that department operating policies and legal regulations are met.
6. Acts as liaison between pharmacy, nursing, and medical staff. Communicates with nursing staff and physicians to ascertain what improvements are needed in pharmacy services.
7. Observes areas where drugs are maintained and dispensed in order to evaluate the control and accuracy of the process. Initiates necessary corrective action deficiencies are noted.
8. Prepares or directs preparation of reports and analysis or internal use and for use by external regulatory agencies.
9. Represents the Hospital to outside agencies and professional organizations.
Bachelors degree in Pharmacy or PharmD required
Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in the state of Texas or reciprocation eligible
Minimum of five years progressively more responsible acute care hospital pharmacy experience
Interpersonal leadership skills required to direct the overall operation of the department
Strong analytical skills