The Manager of the Post Anesthesia Care Unit provides twenty-four (24) hour accountability for the delivery of quality patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of all patients on assigned units. Responsible for planning, prioritizing, organizing, directing and meeting the daily needs and demands of patients and staff on assigned nursing units. Uses sound knowledge of nursing practices to assign patient care responsibilities to staff based on the patient’s acuity and skill needs. Operationalize knowledge of human resource management to effectively manage and communicate with staff on assigned unit to promote open communication, teamwork and enhanced work performance. Responsible for effective utilization to ensure appropriate and efficient use of financial, supply and staff resources. Accountable for unit-level implementation of hospital policies and procedures. The nurse manager is accountable for budget preparation and for fiscal operations of the department. Achieves high productivity while attaining exceptional patient, physician and associate satisfaction. This position requires a sound knowledge of nursing practice and exceptional leadership abilities to manage complex, stressful and critically important environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN), MSN preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience in a healthcare organization required. 3-5 years of clinical management experience preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to progressively guide and lead groups of people to meet goals and exceed customer requirements. Role models leadership behavior and collaborative team relationships.
- Creates team based quality improvement plans, including definition of team goals, utilizing performance measures and appropriate analysis tools, changing and improving performance through feedback, coaching and teaching. Leads the patient care unit in care delivery based on research findings and evidence-based practice.
- Utilizes an indicator system to monitor volume trends incorporating financial and customer satisfaction measures. Demonstrates an ability to plan, organize and control department resources and communicate fiscal expectations to staff.
- Coordinates the allocation of staff on a day to day basis to ensure the delivery of appropriate service by competent staff as defined by experience, education and skill. Provides for and encourages and environment of self-development and continued learning.
- Demonstrates the ability and dedication to address issues and activities that encompass the larger aspect operations of the division including the ability to communicate with other members of physicians, staff and external sources/vendors. Maintains an effective channel for productive and interactive communication.
- Direct supervision (24 hours/7 day a week) for the following: Charge Nurses (RN) , Registered Nurses (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse LPN, Administrative Support, Unit Coordinators, Certified Nursing Assistants and other Departmental Personnel
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, or gender identification.