Medical Secretary / MS to add to its clerical team. The Medical Secretary will be assigned to a physician as their private secretary in charge of all clinical, medical and health care information.
* EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE required of the Medical Secretary / MS is high school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of two (2) years recent medical office experience and or education for MS and one (1) year of actual work experience. Must be proficient in performing duties as listed under job description below. Must have strong organizational skills and computer knowledge.
* Medical Secretary / MS WORK SCHEDULE is Monday through Friday. Hours are 8:30am to 5pm.
* Medical Secretary / MS JOB TYPE is Full-Time.
* JOB DESCRIPTION for the Medical Secretary / MS (Other duties may be assigned):
* Schedule surgeries, procedures and tests (ie: MRI, DEXA, CT, etc ), office appointments.
* Secure insurance authorizations and referrals.
* Complete insurance forms including: Workers' Comp and disability forms.
* Create and maintain all patient charts.
* Prepare daily patient schedules and prep.charts for office visits.
* Provide coverage for other physicians’ secretaries as needed.
* Keep physician credentials current with insurance companies and renew privileges with area hospitals.
* Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings.
* Answer multiple phone lines, sort mail, check patients in and out, collect copays, update patient demographics.
* BENEFITS are available. On a temp basis Blue Cross Blue Shield is available at employee's expense. Weekly pay periods, free direct deposit, Simple IRA, up to 3% company match and immediately vested. Blue Cross Blue Shield plans are available on a permanent basis also. Personal, vacation, sick time immediately accrued on a biweekly basis.
CALL for more INFORMATION. (315) 451-8585
ALL INFORMATION IS HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.