Progressive South Florida Cancer Center is currently recruiting for a full-time Director of Pharmacy. This position offers tremendous quality of life and practice opportunities!
The Pharmacy Director’s responsibilities include but not limited to the following: strategic planning design, managing and improving the medication-use system, ensuring quality outcomes through performance improvement activities, leading drug-utilization efforts, optimizing use of information systems and technology, managing the pharmaceutical supply chain, pharmacy department financial operations, ensuring compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements, fulfilling the organizations research and educational missions, providing institutional representation and leadership. Provides oversight and direction to the development, negotiations, and competitiveness of the pharmacy retail portfolio. Responsible for managing the daily administration, analysis, and operations of 340B Drug program and all its components.
* Graduate of a college of pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical
* B.S. in Pharmacy from an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy and a current Florida Pharmacist license in good standing (Or Eligible)
* Doctor of Pharmacy and Residency training preferred
* Advanced degree preferred
* Minimum 7 years of hospital pharmacy experience with at least 4 years in supervisory role
* Experience working in large outpatient cancer programs required
* Minimum 3 years experience as a pharmacy director in a large complex health care system preferred
* Experience with drug purchasing and inventory management
* Experience in hospital pharmacy operations.