RN: Clinic Nurse for PACE CNY
Our client is looking to add two new RN’s to their team because of growth! As the Clinic Nurse, you would work under the daily supervision of the manager and provide direct nursing care to PACE CNY participants. You would work in their largest office and in a team environment. You would be responsible for assessing health needs, promoting and aid in maintaining the health of the participants through teaching and initiating appropriate preventative interventions, and acts as the primary support to the providers. We are looking to being interviewing next week. Please apply via the link below for immediate consideration and provide a Word formatted resume.
- No weekends!
- No holidays!
- Office setting!
- Great team!
- Stellar benefits!
- BSN OR BS from an accredited school of nursing required
- Two + years acute care/long term care or physician office setting (preferably in geriatric setting)
- NYS RN license in good standing and current registration
- Proven patient assessment skills
- Current knowledge of best practice nursing standards and care
- Strong clinical and multitasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients, residents, and families from diverse backgrounds who may have physical, sensory and mental impairments
- Prior charge nurse experience a plus
- Proficient with computers and able to learn new software rapidly
- Conducts nursing assessment of participants and provides nursing care for ongoing or episodic illnesses
- Reviews participant’s medical record to ascertain pertinent information for follow-up during clinic visits
- Observes participant and assesses for changes in clinical and/or functional status and initiates appropriate follow-up actions; reports changes in condition and/or concerns to provider or clinical coordinator as appropriate
- Provides skilled nursing care and prescribed treatments to PACE participants; assesses and documents data relevant to the participant’s current health status, medical history and care plan needs; communicates changes in needs to appropriate team members
- Provides telephone triage; makes an assessment of the participant’s problem after careful questioning and active listening to what is said and through subtle indicators such as incomplete responses, tone of voice, etc.; provides advice for minor problems; requests Home Care skilled nursing visit for further assessment or makes arrangements for the participant to be seen in the clinic the same day/next day as appropriate
- Seeks guidance from a provider based upon participant’s symptomology, risk factors, advance directives, etc.; facilitates 911 activation for severe, life threatening symptoms or caller’s preference