Seeking a Registered Dietitian to provide in-depth nutritional evaluation, counseling and education services for people at risk of, or dealing with chronic diseases.
A challenging scope of responsibilities encompass the following:
- Conducting nutrition education programs on a range of nutrition topics, in a variety of community and clinical settings.
- Reviewing, evaluating and utilizing current nutrition research related to diabetes.
- Maintaining up-to-date information on innovative and successful strategies to reach the target populations of MSMHC.
- Developing education materials, teaching tools and visual aids for nutrition, weight management and diabetes education services.
- Assessing patients' needs and conferring with doctors and other health care professionals to coordinate medical and nutritional needs and managing the weight and risk factors associated with overweight patients.
- Completing comprehensive nutrition assessments and incorporating nutrition interventions into an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Ensuring that all assessments and care plans meet professional standards of practice, reflect current evidence-based practice, and are in full compliance with all applicable regulatory statutes.
- Collecting and maintaining required data for Continuous Quality Improvement program.
- Participating in a "culture of caring" with interdisciplinary teams to provide professional guidance for assessing and implementing care strategies.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, or related field
- Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association
- Membership in the American Dietetic Association strongly preferred
- Active Maryland License from the Board of Dietetic Practice
- Current BLS certification
- Experience in hospital setting