Do you want to make a difference and have fun doing it? Are you an enthusiastic individual who enjoys rewarding work in a unique, dynamic, and exciting environment?
If the answer is Yes, Woodward Academy is the place for you!
We are currently seeking Youth Mentors for 3pm-11pm and 11pm-7am shifts.
Multiple openings... Apply today!!!
- Supervise youth in activities in order to observe or effect changes in their social behavior.
- Maintain the security of the facility and grounds.
- Stimulate interest and cooperation in individual and group activities and observe youth behavior in response to treatment efforts.
- Observe methods and techniques of Group Leaders during group therapy sessions and develop counseling skills under their supervision; participate in the treatment of the youth through observation, interaction, scoring, limit setting, and implementation of treatment plans; and assist in the development of a positive peer culture.
- Escort youth to work, mealtime, recreation, education activities, and participate in their supervision and instruction.
- Maintain proper conduct and security of youth in work, recreation, and education; administer and record medication as ordered.
- Limited one-to-one counseling.
- Prepare periodic and special evaluations on assigned youth, report significant changes in social behavior and make recommendations for changes in assignments.
- Provide crisis intervention with juveniles
- Give basic instruction in work, recreation and housekeeping activities.
- Perform related work as assigned or required.
- Communicate orally and in writing all appropriate reports and information, both within the unit and to relevant outside agencies.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school Degree or equivalent
- Capable of participating in physical training activities
- College degree in Human Services or alike
- Previous work/volunteer experience with kids under the age of 21
Full- Time Benefits :
- Medical/dental/vision/prescription insurance that begins after 60 days.
- A flexible spending account program is offered.
- Short-Term disability and long-term disability is offered.
- A 401K retirement plan is offered following 60 days of employment.
- Tuition reimbursement and loan program is offered to encourage employees to further their education.The company has an annual cap for reimbursement.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) is provided by the company and is utilized as a collective pool of eligible paid time off in lieu of traditional sick, vacation, and personal leave balances. For example, an employee in their first year of hire will be eligible for 5.53 hours per pay period which is 18 days per year.
- There are six (6) paid holidays.
- FREE MEALS while you work.
- You will receive your BIRTHDAY as a paid day off. Happy Birthday!
- Housing opportunities are offered.
- There are also other ways to earn extra money, such as assisting with student intramurals or coaching opportunities.
- Woodward Academy has an employee wellness program. Employees can earn prizes and Woodward Academy clothing.
- After you have been a WA Full-Time employee for 7 (seven) years you will receive four (4) weeks of paid time off. This does NOT count against your PTO hours.